Why should I try mediation?
There are eight good reasons to give mediation a chance:
- You will have the opportunity to explain the situation from your own point of view and to hear the others parties' explanations from their points of view.
- Unlike the courts where one person must lose, mediation is a "win/win" situation. The goal is to reach an agreement that is satisfactory to everyone.
- About 80% of all mediations end in an agreement.
- Mediations can be held to accommodate your schedule.
- Everything said at mediation is confidential.
- Unlike litigation, mediation is non-confrontational. In mediation, the parties are working together to find a solution, rather than working against each other.
- Mediation often serves as a deterrent to future disputes between the parties.